Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Here is a quote that made my day. There was a 8 year old girl who was diagnosed with cancer who was able to make it through the hardships thanks to music. Even when her mother passed from this world, her music saved her from following.

"Music. Music is what moves my soul, and gets me through the good and bad days.
3 days after I was first diagnosed with cancer, my mother bought me my first clarinet (I was 8 years old) and over the next few years of my life, and the fight, I played that clarinet when I was sick, well, angry, sad, happy. It was my outlet. When my mother died and I wanted to kill myself, I picked up that clarinet, cried like I never cried before, and played music.
Music speaks to me. The harmonies, the melodies, the lyrics. I find the meanings of the songs and I live them. I feel them. And they heal me from the inside out. There are times when I just don't want to be here anymore, and well music, music has kept me from doing the unthinkable time and time again.Music saved me. When words can't speak, music does. Always."

No comments:

Post a Comment